Make it rain is a simple yet addictive game that combines fast-paced action with colorful graphics and catchy characters. The core concept revolves around a cute cloud which ‘flies’ on top of different landscapes, and its main objective is to ‘rain’ on the areas that are on fire. With that, the cloud must save the damaged landscapes to make the vegetation revive and keep the natural environments green and leafy.
Also, there are some flame characters with different moods (silly, angry, etc.) representing the bad guys of the story, as they are the ones that make the landscapes burning. The cloud will make the flames disappear as soon as it rains on them.
The gameplay mechanics are easy to understand, making it accessible to a wide range of players. Here's how it works:
- Running: The cloud character automatically moves forward, and players swipe left or right to change the path lanes on the field areas where it wants to rain on.
- Rain: by swiping down, the cloud could activate the rain water particles and switch off the fire of the burning areas.
- Collecting Points: As the cloud runs over the fields, the user will collect points as many as it switches off the fires on different areas. These points wil let you purchase power-ups to enhance your performance, and also plant trees in real life.
- Power-Ups: Make it Rain offers a variety of power-ups, including the extra lives (heart icon) and damage (ray icon), which can be collected during gameplay to help you run longer, heal more numbers of damaged landscapes and score higher.
- Missions and Challenges: Completing daily missions and special challenges would add an element of progression to the game, keeping players engaged over the long term.
One of the factors contributing to Make it Rain's enduring popularity is its frequent updates and introduction of new natural environments. The game would take players on adventures to various iconic ecosystems scenarios around the world, including jungles, desserts, and even imaginary environments like an post-apocalyptic outdoor set. These updates not only provide a change of scenery but also introduce unique gameplay elements, challenges, and characters inspired by the respective locations.
‘Make it Rain’ has managed to appear in our lives as a quick gaming fix during your daily commute or a way to unwind after a long day and also continues to offer endless fun and excitement. Also, the final result of this videogame project finally becomes as a very attractive and relatable product, thank to the the visual treatment and the storytelling provided by the experienced artist team from Naolito Studio.
The project of 'Make it Rain' videogame was partially funded by NextGenerationEU and supported by Ministerio de Cultura from the Government of Spain. The link of the game (beta phase) will be announced very soon through Naolito social channels.